Terms of Service - Host-ed.net
Terms of Services - PAID Hosting
The service that is a subject to the following agreement is distributed by Host-ed.net
and provided by Host-ed Inc.
YOU (the Client) should be aware that by signing up for an account with Host-ed.net,
YOU absolutely agree to position data on our servers, thus making it accessible to the wide public.
Hence the Client accepts that it is beyond the power of Host-ed.net to restrict such
access and guarantee the security of your files. YOU are completely in charge of protecting
your data on Host-ed.net servers, which suggests that you would consider
carefully any piece of information before uploading it to your hosting account on
Host-ed.net servers. Please avoid publishing personal data that could be easily obtained
by the wide public and consequently abused online.
Host-ed.net PAID SERVICES:
- SERVICE AGREEMENT
Host-ed.net shall provide its Services to YOU [the Client] under these Terms of Services [Agreement].
The Agreement is intended to keep the integrity of both Host-ed.net and the Client and to
protect both parties from liability. This Agreement will be enforced to ensure the speed, power, performance,
and reliability of our services.
By completing the Order Form and any other documents or agreements additionally specified in this Agreement,
the Agreement constitutes the whole act of convention between Host-ed.net and the Client,
thus being the most significant document of the established relationship. In case a court of competent
jurisdiction considers that any of the Agreement\'s provisions are invalid, unenforceable, or void, the remaining
provisions will completely reserve their validity.
The Client\'s side of the Agreement could be presented by:
- an individual with personal demands being over 18 years of age;
- a legal entity such as a corporation, a limited liability company etc. that is consistent with
state\'s law system.
Moreover, if a person represents the Client for some reason, they should be legally authorized
to act on their behalf, thus accepting, executing and delivering the Agreement.
YOU understand and agree that the Service is provided on "AS IS" basis and that Host-ed.net assumes
no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, and failure to deliver or store any Client communication
or personalization settings.
- Host-ed.net HOSTING SERVICES
- Bandwidth - Each hosting plan includes prepaid and fixed bandwidth.
- Domains Hosted - Host-ed.net hosting plans include domain hosting. Each
hosting plan has a limit of the number of domains that can be hosted. For more information about the different plans refer to our
- Domain Registration - Free domain names are available ONLY with annual(1,2 or 3 years) web hosting account(s)
subscriptions. Free domain name registration applies to .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz and .info. Each web hosting account can use a maximum of
one discounted domain name. Please note that domain name registrations are final and cannot be refunded.
In case of the following upgrades - from FREE plan to PAID plan and from PAID plan to another PAID plan with more features - FREE
domain name registration is NOT included.
- Disk Space - Each hosting plan includes prepaid and fixed disk space.
- IP Address/es - Host-ed.net hosting accounts do not initially include private IP addresses. In case YOU want to buy a shared hosting plan, a shared IP address will be available for your hosting account upon purchase. Please, contact the Sales Department for more details.
- MySQL/PostgreSQL Database/s - All hosting plans include database/s. Please observe the hosting plan comparison page on our web site for further details or contact our Sales Department.
- MySQL/PostgreSQL Database/s Quota - The allocated MySQL/PostgreSQ quota per database depends on the hosting plan. Please observe the plan comparison page on our web site for more details or contact pur Sales Department.
- SSH - Secured Shell access depends on the hosting plan. For reference please observe the plan comparison page on our web site.
- Fantastico de luxe - We provide an automted script installer for over 50 popular software applications
- BACKGROUND OPERATIONS/ADD-ON SERVICES
Host-ed.net might offer the following ADD-ONS:
Host-ed.net ADDITIONAL SERVICES - ADD-ONS OR FEATURES AND VALUE-ADDED SERVICES OR FEATURES
ARE OFFERED ON "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Host-ed.net REJECTS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES.
ANY OF Host-ed.net\' EMPLOYEES, MANAGEMENT OR AFFILIATES MAY NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE OR THUS
LIABLE FOR ANY POSSIBLE DAMAGES PROVOKING USE OR MISUSE OF ANY INFORMATION, CONTENT OR SERVICES PROVIDED
BY Host-ed.net, INCLUDING DIRECT OR INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, AND INCIDENTAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM
ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE SERVICES, SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SERVICES.
- SERVICE GUARANTEES
Host-ed.net guarantees 99.9% network uptime. This, however,
does not refer to problems araising from:
Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the
monitor's network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the
operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services.
- Server Hardware Breakdown.
- User error(s) or purposeful interruption(s) of the hosting service.
- Failures due to software that is not explicitly supported by Host-ed.net.
Consequently, if a hardware crash provoked by a customer happens, Host-ed.net is beyond
the control and responsibility for the resulting downtime.
- ACCOUNT USAGE & HOSTED CONTENT
- Your account content MUST comply with the parameters stated in this Agreement.
Web content requirements exclude the publication of illegal content or content considered
inappropriate otherwise. Customers should get in touch with a Host-ed.net representative
regarding any inquiries over this matter.
- If any of Host-ed.net Services are used for the illegal purpose of SPAM,
then those services will be immediatelly terminated. If unauthorized access is spotted, Host-ed.net
reserves the right to ban without notice the use of any Host-ed.net hardware or software hosted
on a Host-ed.net server for trying to illegally access another hosted machine or network.
You absolutely agree and understand that by breaking this paragraph and generally this agreement your account
will be closed without notice and no refund will be issued. A chargeback of the amount will be prosecuted legally
by Host-ed.net legal advisers to the final extend of the law.
- Inactivity period
- In 3 months time after account expiration each 7 days you will receive weekly notifications. Unless
you contact us during this period, your account will be deleted.
- If your account has been blocked due to violation of the terms of service, abuse, spam or any
malicious purposes then it will be deleted in 15 days without any notice.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Host-ed.net offers a 90-day money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our hosting service within
the time frame of 90 days
after you purchased the account, you need to contact our Sales Department and you will receive a full refund for your
hosting plan. Any domain
registrations/transfers (free within a web hosting plan) are final and do not include any money back guarantee and will be a subject to the regular domain
price per year.
- PAYMENT AND CHARGEBACKS
All customers should abide by the following verification procedure.
- Services are distibuted by Host-ed.net and provided by Host-ed Inc. By sining up for these services
you agree that you will be charged the respective amount for these services by the respective merchant provider under vendor name Host-ed Inc.
When signing up for a web hosting service with Host-ed.net, customers agree to all specified Terms in this document.
Thus, Host-ed.net will utilize this document as an evidence for the customer's agreement in cases of a chargeback inquiry on behalf of the
customer based on points that the client tries to refute after he accepted them at the time of the order.
- Host-ed.net will charge customers with fees based on the fee structure at the
time of the sign-up process. Host-ed.net reserves the right to introduce changes to the packages
when needed regarding price and set of features. This means that the current
price list may differ from the pricing and
features of the customer's account.
We always aim to keep web hosting, domain and SSL services without interruption. Therefor the services we provide
will be renewed automatically unless notified prior to expiration date of the specific service. Domains and SSL renewals
are non-refundable as provided by third party company and their irreversible order policy.
Chargebacks are not accepted as a way of refunding. Any client who provokes a credit card chargeback
of an order will be a subject to collections and legal actions. He/she
will be charged $30.00 USD, because when signing up with Host-ed.net, customers accept these
terms and conditions, thus agreeing to observe them strictly.
- WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
Host-ed.net provides hosting services on an "as is" and "as available" basis without
warranties or representations for its offering. The company bears no responsibility for connection problems,
in cases when customers\' hosting with Host-ed.net confronts with service interruption issues.
- NO UNLAWFUL OR PROHIBITED USE
As a condition of your use of the Host-ed.net Services, you will not use the
Host-ed.net Services for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms,
conditions, and notices. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any Host-ed.net
Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Host-ed.net Services,
through hacking, password mining or any other means. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials
or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Host-ed.net
Host-ed.net, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disclose at any time any piece of information that
Host-ed.net deems necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation,
legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove, in whole or in part,
any piece of information or material.
- THIRD PARTY
Any dealings with third parties (as well as advertisers) included within the
Host-ed.net Services or participating in promotions,
delivery and payment of goods and services, and any other terms,
conditions, warranties and representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely
between you and the advertiser or the other third party. Host-ed.net cannot be held
responsible or liable for any part of such dealings and promotions.
YOU agree that Host-ed.net, in its sole discretion, may terminate
your password, account (or any part thereof) as well as the use of the Service, and
remove and discard any Content within the Service, if you happen to violate these terms.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
YOU are solely responsible for the content of your web pages, messages or
data you or your sites\'s users upload on Host-ed.net servers.
Using the Host-ed.net Services in connection to surveys, contests,
pyramid schemes [HYIP], chain letters, junk e-mail, spamming or any duplicative
or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise) is prohibited.
In consideration of your use of the Service, YOU agree to:
In conclusion any client not observing the afore mentioned rules is
a subject to an immediate account termination without refund!
- Provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted
by the Service`s registration form
- Maintain and promptly inform us to update the Registration Data to keep it true,
accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate,
not current or incomplete, or Host-ed.net has reasonable grounds to suspect that
such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Host-ed.net
has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or
future use of the Service (or any portion thereof).
- YOU will receive a password and account designation upon completing
the Service registration process. YOU are responsible for maintaining the
confidentiality of your account details, and YOU are fully responsible for all
activities that are assiciated with your account. YOU agree to:
- immediately notify Host-ed.net of any unauthorized use of your password,
account and/or any other breach of security;
- ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session;
- refrain posting, disclosing, providing, selling or offering to sell your
account details provided by Host-ed.net to any third parties;
Host-ed.net cannot and will not be held liable for any loss or damage arising
from your failure to comply with this.
- Any Customer in violation of our system or network security and/or
enormously overloading/over flooding the servers\' utilization is subject to
criminal and civil liability, as well as an immediate account termination. Examples
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unauthorized access, use, probe,
rootkit or scan of a systems security or authentication measures, data or traffic;
- Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation,
e-mail bombing, flooding deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Forging of any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in an
e-mail or newsgroup posting;
- The Customer agrees not to publish on or over their account any information,
software or other content which violates or infringes upon the rights of any others
or which knowingly contravenes the laws of any jurisdiction in which such content
is generally accessible.
- Host-ed.net does NOT allow sites that provide any content,
points of distribution, or 'links' to sites that:
- Infringe on any third party`s intellectual property or proprietary rights, or
rights of publicity or privacy;
- Violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- Are defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, unlawfully harassing, abusive,
pornographic or obscene;
- Contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, corrupted files,
or any other similar software/programs that may damage the operation of a
third party`s computer or property;
- Pirated or Hacking / Phreaking Software (Warez). Moreover, any software
that is copyrighted and not freely available for distribution without cost, ROMs,
ROM Emulators and Mpeg Layer 3 files (MP3) - all fall under this jurisdiction. This includes also Torrent
sites or links to Torrent sites;
- For our German servers only: Display/distribute Adult content as well as any erotic or pornographic material, links to adult sites,
or advertisements for adult sites;
- Use of phishing or mimic sites are strictly prohibited on Host-ed.net,
any user's account suspected in such activity will be terminated WITHOUT refund and legal actions
will be started to the final extend of the law.
- YOU acknowledge and agree that Host-ed.net might change this
Terms of Services without notice and you are solely responsible to check for such
changes, follow up and comply with them.
- CUSTOMER WEBSITE; CUSTOMER WARRANTIES/GUARANTIES
- When buying a hosting plan with Host-ed.net, customers agree to be
fully responsible for the deployment, development, operation and maintenance of their web
site, online store and/or e-commerce activities within that space. Each customer is in charge
of all the products and services as well as of all contents and materials appearing online,
- the accuracy and relevance of the Customer's content and material showcased in his/her
store or on his/her products;
- certainty that the Customer's content and materials appearing in his/her store or on
his/her products do not violate or infringe upon the rights of any person;
- certainty that the Customer's content and materials appearing in his/her store
or on his/her products are not calumnious or somehow illegal. The Customer is the only one in charge
of approving, processing and filling customer orders and of taking care of customer requests or
complaints. The Customer is the only one in charge of the payment or satisfaction of any and all taxes
related to his/her web site/s and online store/s.
- The Customer bears the responsibility for ensuring the security and confidentiality
of any customer data (including, without limitation, customer credit card numbers) that he/she
may receive in connection with his/her web site/s or online store/s.
- Each Customer guarantees to Host-ed.net that he/she owns or possesses
the right to use the Customer Content and the corresponding material, including all text, graphics, sound,
music, video, programming, scripts and applets. Each Customer warrants to Host-ed.net
that the use, reproduction, propagation and transmission of the Customer Content and any information
and materials contained inside do not, and will not:
- infringe or abuse any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or any other proprietary right
of a third party
- break any criminal laws or manifest false advertising, unfair competition, vilification, privacy
intrusion; violate a right of publicity or violate any other law or regulation. Each Customer empowers
Host-ed.net to reproduce, copy, use and propagate all and any part of the Customer Content
for ensuring and operating the Services. Host-ed.net is granted the right to assess the extent
these operations need to be done.
- UNSUITABLE BEHAVIOUR
Any indecent abusive or insulting treatment towards a Host-ed.net employee will be considered
inappropriate. Each Customer is anticipated to behave in a well-mannered way with Host-ed.net
employees regarding any requests for help through e-mail, phone, etc. Each Customer should avoid
applying any forms of written emotional outburst. Any attempts of uncontrolled behavior will be
interpreted as a breach of this Agreement.
Other acts of treatment towards Host-ed.net employees that will be considered as unacceptable
include verbal, oral, written or delivered by a second party threats that are addressed to Host-ed.net
or any of its employees, partners, equipment, and concerns. Any forms of such threats will be interpreted
as a breach of this Agreement. Host-ed.net reserves the right to restrict or completly stop access to clients\' accounts and even to once and for all stop clien\'t hosting account without issuing a refund if any of the aforementioned rules are violated and if further communication is not
possible due to continued bad mannered client behaviour!
- SPAMMING IS PROHIBITED
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. Any user who
sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice. We will determine in our sole discretion
whether any of the messages you send are spam. For your information, spamming generally includes, but is not
- Advertising of your Host-ed.net hosted site using Unsolicited Email (spam). This is strictly prohibited and your account will be removed immediately if it is involved in any type of spam activity;
- The bulksending of unsolicited messages, or the sending of unsolicited e-mails which provoke complaints from recipients;
- The sending of junk mail;
- The use of distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process;
- Posting commercial ads to USENET newsgroups that do not permit them;
- Posting articles containing binary encoded data to a non-binary newsgroups;
- Excessive and repeated posting of off-topic messages to newsgroups;
- Excessive and repeated cross-posting;
- Excessive email sending/receiving over 200 emails per hour;
- E-mail harassment of another Internet Customer/s, including but not limited to, transmitting any threatening, libelous or obscene material, or material of any nature which could be deemed to be offensive;
- The e-mailing of age- inappropriate communications or content to anyone under the age of 18;
Host-ed.net reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other
component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at
its sole discretion.
- ACCOUNT HDD RESOURCES USAGE
Each and every Host-ed.net Customer agrees not to allocate more than 19999MB of its hosting account space to image
multimedia (.gif, .png, .avi, .mpg, .jpg, .mp3, .3gp) files. Each and every Host-ed.net Customer agrees not to
allocate more than
19999MB of its hosting account space to archive (.rar, .zip, .tar, .gzip, .tar.gz, .iso, .nrg, .cue, .ccd, .img, .sub, .cue)
files. Each and every Host-ed.net Customer agrees not to allocate more than 19999MB of its hosting account space to DB
dump backup (.sql, .pgsql, .mssql, .mysql) files. Each and every Host-ed.net Customer agrees not to allocate more than
19999MB of its hosting account space to .exe, .pdf, .psd, .ppt files. Each and every Host-ed.net Customer agrees not
to allocate more than 19999MB of its hosting account space to any identical file types. Each and every Host-ed.net Customer
agrees not to allocate more than 3000MB of its hosting account space for storage of emails.
- ACCOUNT DB RESOURCES USAGE
Host-ed.net provides its Customers shared hosting service with the ability to use MySQL and PostgreSQL database
engines. The very nature of the service requires that database server resources be shared. The amount of available
databases depends on the package that the Customer has signed up for. The database engines described above should be
used by the Customer in a manner that the overall server pefromance is not affected and no downtime is caused due to
Every web hosting account can use up to 20 concurrent connections towards a single database.
In case that a database is detected to use more than the %20 of the shared CPU due to database usage,
Host-ed.net reserves the right to suspend the account associated with the database without any prior warning.
- ACCOUNT CPU/RAM RESOURCES USAGE
Host-ed.net provides its Customers with the ability to use CPU and RAM on shared principle. The resources described
above should be used by the Customer in a manner that the overall server pefromance is not affected and no downtime
is caused due to overusage. In case that a process is detected to use more than the %20 of the shared CPU/RAM
Host-ed.net reserves the right to suspend the account associated with the process without any prior warning.
- INODES RESOURCES USAGE
Every file (a webpage, image file, folder, email, etc) on your account uses up 1 inode. The use of more than 250,000 inodes on
any shared web hosting account may potentially result in a warning first, and if no action is taken future suspension.
- DEFINITION OF UNLIMITED DISK SPACE AND TRAFFIC USAGE
Being a web hosting provider we are greatly dedicated to help our clients to build their online presence.
That is why we impose no limits on the disk space and traffic on plans having these features advertised as "unlimited".
While we want to be sure we are providing good service to all of our clients, still we require customers to comply with
paragraph ACCOUNT HDD RESOURCES USAGE and paragraph TRAFFIC RESOURCE USAGE, which sets norm in Disk Space and
Traffic usage of personal and business websites.
The nature of the shared web hosting service we provide, may force us to put constraints on given accounts that are
affecting others accounts by abusing resources beyond what is expected to be a normal utilization of Disk Space and
Traffic. Normal usage for personal and business websites is considered usage similar to the average resource utilization of our other customers.
Example of abnormal usage might be resource usage of a large corporation compared to a small personal or business
website or storing large number of video, audio or other files that require more resources to support.
With this said we want to stress on the fact that we are providing hosting through a shared environment and each website
may impact the performance of other websites. While our hosting platform has custom architecture designed to endure
great loads generated from the shared accounts, occasional disruptions may result in from customer.s abnormal activities.
Disruptions are rare, because we carefully manage accounts that are over-utilizing the platform resources. In order to
keep the normal operation, we reserve the right to suspend web hosting accounts that are destroying the performance of
our shared hosting platform. In any case we notify prior or consequential to account suspension the owner by email and
we are doing our best to cooperate with the affected user to resolve the issue.
- BACKUPS, DATA LOSS AND BACKUP LIMIT
Your use of this service is at your sole risk. Our backup service is provided to you as a courtesy. Our backup service
is ran each week, overwrites any of our previous backups made, and we keep 1 week backups behind. Host-ed.net is
not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for files and
data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on Host-ed.net servers. Any shared
account using more than 20 GB of disk space will be removed from our off site backup. Emails are not backed up. All data will continue to be mirrored to a secondary
drive(RAID Backup) which helps protect against data loss in the event of a drive failure.
- TRAFFIC RESOURCE USAGE
Host-ed.net provides monthly traffic allowance. The allocated traffic allowance depends on the package. In case
you pass the allocated monthly traffic we reserve the right to suspend your account until the next month cycle starts,
until additional traffic allowance is ordered or even terminate the account and/or request to charge additional fee if
the account has over-utilization. Unused traffic in one month cannot be carried over to next months. Host-ed.net
reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate any account that has traffic over-utilization and endanger the normal
function of shared hosting platform.
With regard to the Unlimited data traffic packages on the shared hosting platform, a fair use policy will apply. If you
generate more server traffic than is deemed acceptable by Host-ed.net, to the detriment of other Host-ed.net
customers, Host-ed.net reserve the right to interrupt service. Unlimited data transfer applies to your use of web
pages only (html, php, etc.), not for storage of movies, pictures, audio files, downloads etc.
- WEB SERVER RESOURCE USAGE
Host-ed.net provides a shared hosting service. The very nature of the service requires that Web Server
resources be shared. Every web hosting account can use up to 250 concurrent (simultaneous) connections originating
from one IP (regardless of the domain, subdomain) and also 250 concurrent connections towards a single vHost
(domain or subdomain).
- FORCE MAJEURE CIRCUMSTANCES
Host-ed.net will be no liabile in case of failure or delay in doing its professional
duties in consequence of circumstances beyond its control. Such circumstances could be provoked
by acts of any governmental body, war, rebellion, sabotage, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other
labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of, interruption or
delay in telecommunications or third party services (including DNS propagation), failure of third
party software or hardware or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies or power used in or
equipment needed for provisioning of the Services.
This agreement constitutes and represents the whole act of convention between the parties in regard
to the agreement signed between them. It is not subject to any amendments, changes or modifications,
or any other alterations with the exception of changes introduced through a written instrument that
is signed by the parties to be charged.
Copyrighted material must not be placed on any Customer`s account without the permission of
the owner(s) or the person(s) they specifically authorize. Only the owner(s) or such authorized
person(s) must upload copyrighted material to the account.
Upon our receipt of a notice of a
claimed copyright infringement containing the above information, after confirmation we will
promptly remove the allegedly infringing material from the Services and carry out further
procedures if necessary. We will have no liability to any Customer of the Services for the
removal of any such material.
Please report any violations of this Agreement to abuse[at]host-ed.me